Jewel Box Reservation Request
The Tanner Humanities Center's Jewel Box Conference Room may be available for your event. Please submit your reservation request no later than 72-hours prior to the requested event.
Beginning September 1, 2019, events affiliated with the College of Humanities will be charged $100 for use of the room. Non-College of Humanities events will be charged $200 for use of the room. Off-campus groups will be charged $400.
Student groups are not permitted to reserve the Jewel Box. Likewise, the room is not available for social gatherings like informal lunches.
Please read the guidelines for the use of the Jewel Box and answer all of the questions. One of the Tanner Humanities Center staff will respond to your request within 48 hours.
For questions or cancellations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Jewel Box Use:
- All tables and chairs must stay in the room. Tables cannot be removed for lecture-style
- If food or drinks will be served, empty the trash, clear all food items and wipe down
the tables following the event.
- Staff approval is needed in advance for use of THC kitchen. Please do not leave any
leftovers in the THC kitchen or fridge.
- Someone from the organizing department or group must be on hand to meet catering or
any external service providers related to the event.
- Tanner Center does not provide any event supplies, including extra chairs. If you
need more chairs than the Jewel Box currently has (approximately 30), you will need
to contact Stadium and Arena Event Services located at Rice Eccles Stadium (http://www.http://stadium.utah.edu/rentals/schedule.php) at 801-581-8518.
- The living room, next to the Jewel Box, may be in use by a different group during
your event. Please plan to enter and exit the Jewel Box via the main hallway unless
you have made previous arrangements with the THC.
- The Jewel Box is equipped with audio computer display via projector. We do not have the means to show a DVD so please plan accordingly (either bring your own external drive or upload the video online). You must supply your own laptop and the appropriate adapter for connection to the HDMI cable. Instructions are posted on the podium. If further help is needed, please arrange with COH computer services for assistance on that day. The Tanner Center staff is not guaranteed to be available to assist you with any technical questions on the day of your event.
- The doors to the Jewel Box must be locked after the event is completed for security
- Groups will be held liable for damage to the Jewel box furniture, space, or equipment.